Adult Intro to Studio
February 4th – March 25th, 2021
This introductory course allows students to learn the fundamentals of drawing and painting across a variety of media and subject matter. Great for beginner students and those looking for an art making refresher course.
- – Class meets weekly for 2 hour sessions across 8 weeks.
- – Learn the basics of drawing and painting by creating artworks across subject matter of the figure, portraiture and perspective.
- – In-depth demonstrations and hands on instruction helps students gain confidence to create inspiring works of art.
Adult Intro to Photography
February 21st – April 11th, 2021
This introductory photography course allows students to gain full control of their digital camera and important photography concepts. We explore composition, lighting, aperture, exposure and ISO help you capture an amazing photograph. Students are required to bring their own camera.
- – Class meets weekly for 2 hours sessions across 8 weeks
- – Weekly lectures are balanced with hands on demonstration and shooting practice
- – Master the manual functions of your camera to capture amazing photography
- – Explore best practices across portraiture, still life, landscape, food and action photography
Adult Focus on Oil Painting
April 1st – May 20th, 2021
Oil painting offers artists flexibility and a depth of colour that is unsurpassed by any other artistic medium. Students in this course will have the opportunity to work in the subject matter of their choice – from portraiture and landscapes to abstract and experimental subjects.
- – Students work on personalized projects across using oil paints in their choice of subject matter
- – Instructors provide one-on-one instruction and in-depth demonstrations
- – Master oil painting techniques such as underpainting, glazing, chiaroscuro, palette knife painting and action painting
- – Classes are led by professional artist in a small group setting